Sunday, February 4, 2007

Dungeness Spit





I joined up with the PWC to hike out to the lighthouse and back on Dungeness Spit. I've not hiked with the PWC since before my almost three year old was conceived. Maybe I will join the PWC again but maybe not. They tend to focus on the Northern Olympics and I live closer to the Southern Olympics. Also the membership fee is now $25.00.

I should join the Olympia Mountaineers but they are way out of my price range. I could feed my family of four for two weeks on what they charge for a new membership.

(Speaking of feeding my family we are getting a free veggie garden installed in our back yard by the folks at GRUB)


Yesterdays hike was 10.5 miles with 160 feet of elevation gain. I don't know how that rates on the hike difficulty calculator. It was difficult coming back because we had to walk on rocks and slippery gravel.

I'm feeling good today anyway. I'm really starting to get into shape again. There is a vitual Terracache near the lighthouse, I bagged it today and got to be the first finder.

No comments: