Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Not this week

   I am sick with a fever this week so had to skip hiking.  I don't
 even feel well enough to go to the store and buy new hiking shoes.
 Not well enough to go shoe shopping, that's really
saying something.

  I wonder who the Mount Rose Trail Crew is.  I suspect they are
from Shelton or Olympia.  Who ever they are they fixed the Lena
Lake trail.  I wonder if they are able to work on the Mount Rose
trail this winter with the road being closed.    I think they are the
same group that turned Mount Ellinor into a walk instead of a
technical climb.

I wonder if they are the same group who saw my SO cutting
switchbacks on Mount Ellinor about two years ago.  I had my
baby in a baby backpack and my SO tried to race me down the
hill by cutting switchbacks.   Even with my carrying a baby and
not cutting switchbacks I beat him down the hill.   He really needs
to quit smoking.   Anyway the group that witnessed this gave my
SO and I dirty looks as they passed us by.   Don't blame me!
 I tried to teach him not to cut switch backs.. damned furriners.. :)

1 comment:

Skookum Ouzel said...

What a bummer of a time to be sick - now that it's cold and dry and great weather for hiking. Get well soon!

P.S. - good of you to not cut switchbacks - that always irks me. Hooray for making it down first! lol!