Thursday, November 16, 2006

Chanterelles and Hoodsport Wine

(Click to Enlarge)

Well I finally got some Chanterelles near home. They are soggy as hell but they are not rotten so I'm gonna eat them. Since these were already so soggy I went ahead and washed them off with lots of running water. They are now in the dehydrator. I'll eat them tonight after they have dried down some.

I had to discard several shooms that were starting to rot.

This a new spot for me and I'm excited to have a new spot. These shrooms cost me $25.00 plus gas.. I put my youngest in day care so I could get out in the woods and be alone today. At least I found some mushrooms.

I've been feeling a bit blue the past few weeks and I really needed to get out and do some walking. Finding mushrooms was a big bonus. Maybe this will lift my spirits.

I have discovered a wine that I really like it is raspberry merlot from Hoodsport winery. I better be careful it could become an expensive habit. I finished my first bottle of it about a week ago. Last night I discovered that my local Safeway carries it and it was $3.00 cheaper then the price at the winery. Still at the $9.99 per bottle that I paid for it the price could ad up if I learned to like it too much.

No comments: