Friday, June 16, 2006

Upper South Fork Skokomish

I threw out my back and was not able to hike for weeks and then when my back healed I caught a nasty cold and was unable to hike for another couple of weeks.

Yesterday I finally made it out hiking again and I am out of shape. I went 8 miles round trip, that was as far as my body wanted to go.

I'm trying to get in shap for a hike I want to do in Utah, I've got a lot of catching up to do now!

Sunday I'm going to tackle Mount Elinor and hopefully get to do the famous glissade down.

Upper South Fork Skokomish trail is a pretty trail that is basically unreachable half of the year when they close the wildlife gate 4 miles from the trailhead. You could do a road walk to the trail head but it's not really a pretty walk. It's a dirt road lined with skinny second or maybe even third growth "forest".

There is a fair amount of old grown on the actual trail and elk sightings are common. I stopped at start up creek. I just did not have the energy to take my shoes off and wade across the creek where the trail crosses it.

No comments: