Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bike Ride

How NOT to get to the meeting


 I had a fun little misadventure today.  I decided to combine documentary photography with exercise and rode my bike to a local commission meeting.  I wanted to avoid 101, but I missed my turn and ended up riding down more off 101 that I would have ridden down if I had just taken a direct route.  Oh well, at least I got some exercise, but my lungs hurt now.  I breathed in a lot of dust and diesel fumes.  What should have been just under 4 miles one way ended being over 9 miles one way.  I still don't have a good sense of what  mile on a bicycle feels like.  If I had a better sense of that I would have known how far off course I was.  Now I have decided that I for sure need to get a handle bar mount for my GPS.  My GPS did  not do me much good in my little backpack but I did get an interesting track log so I know just how far off route I went.

I got to the meeting about ten minutes late and I only got to take one picture because I used the facilities and by the time I was done the meeting was over.  I won't post that picture here, it's too ugly for this blog.

I think my ankle is ready for hiking again, it feels as strong as it ever does, so I will test it out by taking a hike soon.  My knee is very happy, maybe what ever I did to it this summer while driving is healed now.


13.5 miles with
300 feet elevation gain

It felt about like the way hiking 6 miles would feel

No comments: