Friday, February 5, 2021

Jackpot Lake


 

The weather forecast called for cold and rain.  It seemed a good day to stay close to home and hike a logging road.  It is easy to carry an umbrella on a logging road.

The walk to the lake was fast but very soggy.  I somehow managed to keep my feet dry on the walk in though.

At the lake I was confused.  Somehow I had forgotten what side of the trail the lake was on.  How could I forget something like that?  No problem though as the lake is visible from the trail.

So far I’ve had solitude on this hike every time except for one when I saw some motorcycles.

I took a long lunch break after pitching my tarp over a log.  I like to find logs to sit on that are surrounded by trees that I can hang my tarp from.  It can be a challenge to find a perfect spot to both sit and pitch a tarp.

The spot I found was not quit perfect, but I was able to use my umbrella to provide full protection from the rain under my log bench.  Without the umbrella my feet might not have been covered.

I put a little bit of Patches ashes in the lake even though Patches never came to this lake with me.  She loved lakes and she loved hiking in the Olympics so it seemed a good place to put a bit of her ashes.

I also hid a geocache near my lunch spot.  Since I am leaving soon I am trying to get rid of all my ammo cans by turning them into geocaches. I can also clear out odds and end in my house by turning them into geocache swag.

I will put all of my geocaches up for adoption after I leave.

I love sitting under a tarp in the rain while sipping hot coffee and watching the lake.  There were some ducks on the lake and an eagle in a tree watching them.

4 miles with no elevation gain











No comments: