Sunday, January 24, 2021

Lake Slimy Egg

 



I don't ever post the real name of this lake or directions for this hike.  I will post them soon though. This hike is not a secret, but still I don't like to advertise it.

This was my first time going by bike. I wanted to place a geocache and not have to carry it on my back and I wanted to sleep in, so taking the bike was the answer. 

At the the start of this hike and bike I was hurting.  Sciatica is back, but exercise helps.  By the end of the hike I was in much less pain.

I had a nice long break at the lake since I was on my bike and had plenty of time to ride out.  Some ATV riders destroyed the serenity of the the lake for a good 15 minutes before they even arrived.   When they saw me they must have been surprised though ATV's are not allowed here and on the way out they were much, much quieter.  I was glad that they made less noise.  



I was nearly run over by a brush picker van as I rode out, they were going way too fast and did not slow down at all as they passed me on the narrow gravel road.  I've never had someone pass me at that speed on a dirt road before.  I shouted a choice expletive at them but doubt they heard me.

After I got back to my car I saw an identical van stop to unlock the gate and go out.  I don't know if these were the same ones who nearly ran me over or not.



They waved as they drove off, maybe they know me from around town.  

I forgot to pack noodles but I realized that before I left the car so I grabbed a can of oysters out of my car and had them instead.  It was cold at the lake so I heated them up over my pop can stove.  I drank three hot cuppas while I was at the lake so I could stay warm enough to be able to linger there. 




















No comments: