Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Cloquallium Hill 2



 I tried to go up the highest hill in this area a few weeks ago and ran into an impassable road.  So I went back with a new route in mind and made it up the hill.

I love the solitude in this area.  I hope blogging about it does not change it.  I don't think it will since it is pretty ugly and a permit is required.

I really need my solitude these days, it helps me to clear my mind.  It seems that I value solitude over scenery now.  That is not so good for my photography though.

I knew there would be no view at the top of this hill.  Google Earth showed it was tree covered.  I just went up the hill because it was there and I needed some exercise.

I took my bike so I could coast back down and make it out before dark.  I can't seem to drag myself out of bed before 10am and that makes it hard to get in a good hike before sunset in this, the darkest time of year. 

It was very cold at the top and I only had a limited amount of water.  I managed to tip over my boiling tea water so I only had water left for noodles and no tea.  The hot noodles were enough to warm my hands up some.  By holding the hot cookpot in my gloved hands while eating I can get my hands reasonably warm. 

10 , I'll count 5 of them as hiking miles since I mostly had to push my bike up the hill. 















No comments: