Thursday, May 23, 2019

Pigeon Lake



 I decided I wanted to go back to the little pond just off the Church Creek trail.    This is partly off trail and partly on trail all of it in the old growth.  I love going off trail in the old growth but also know the risk of injury is higher when scrambling over logs and side hilling on brush slopes.  So I asked Phil to join and he did.

We started at about 10:30, the days are long, so why not sleep in?    The trip was fun and mostly uneventful.

At one point Sage got her leg stuck between a branch and a log that she was climbing over and she yelped in pain.  I went back and helped her.  Sage is not stoic like Patches was.  I think Sage would let me know right away if she got hurt, unlike Patches who never showed any signs of pain.


This hike was just shy of 4 miles but with 2,100 feet total elevation gain and all the brush crashing, I'm feeling it today.  This was also my steepest hike this year.
Phil and I would like to try to find the 1962 airplane crash in the Olypmics.

4 miles 2,100 feet elevation gain













No comments: