Thursday, November 16, 2017

Big Creek Trail Slated for Logging. Oh no!





Got out an hiked in spite of a terrible weather forcast.  I was tired and not really feeling it at first but trying to keep a good attitude.

Keeping my good attitude was a struggle when I found out that the first mile of the trail shortly after the brige is slated for logging.  So dissapointed that they will log my go to winter trail.  Is there a way to fight this?




Made it up to a bench on the lower Ellinor trail.  It was nice to get up into the snow and out of the rain.





Sage does not handle the cold well.  She started shaking really hard at lunch time, so I gave her my coat to wear over her dog coat.






This is a terrible year for mushrooms.  I have not found any Matsutake at all and every few King Boletes and Chanterelles.  Big Creek is not a good mushroom trail anyway.  I'm talking about all my spots combined this year.


7.5 miles with 2,500 feet elevation gain.

No comments: