Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Upper Upper Jefferson Lake Attempt

 

caption

                                              View where we turned around

Phil has been eyeing a lake near Jefferson Lake for a couple of years.  Closures due to the Maple fire prevented us from going to look for it until now. 

My Fiance is here visiting me from New Zealand.  She can't stay for long due to the US not issuing any Visas at the moment.  New Zealand is not allowing any non-citizens in.  So we are limited to seeing each other for just 90 days on a visa waiver.  

We have no idea when we will see each other again after she goes back.  She had never been backpacking before this year and she had never been brush crashing either.  I did not realize how hard this hike was.  If I had known I would have waited a bit longer before taking her.

We turned back short of the lake when it became clear that we were going to run out of time.

On the way out my fiance found a cell phone and I was able to unlock it and track down the owner. 

I'm struggling with a new blogger format. 


Side trip to Goober Pond  

                                                          Our track log on google earth

                                                    View from turn around
                                        Spot where I insisted on turning around for my fiance's sake 



 Climbing!


                                   Phil helps 

                                                       Very nice bike parked at the end of the road


                                                     Walking the road leading to the scrample


                                                              Phil doing his sock and shoe changing ritual

                                                         Rock caught in a tree

No comments: