Sunday, January 13, 2019

Green Mountain Again



Back to Green Mountain since I was in Belfair again.  This trip was a little easier and a lot more crowded.  Since my husband's death  I'm still too anxious to go hit the big long dark trails in the Olympics.  Dark,   because doing a good long hike this time of year usually involves some night hiking.

I found an old blog post from the week my Grandma died, reading that post, I maybe understand more why I don't want to hit the long dark trails right now.  In that old blog post I said I could not stop at all without feeling sad. 

Also I feel vulnerable right now and I know that in fact I am vulnerable.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widowhood_effect   

"People whose spouses have just died have a whopping 66% increased chance of dying themselves within the first three months following their spouse's death."  https://www.verywellmind.com/surviving-widowhood-4011236

Perhaps I am wise to not do a long dark solo hike right now.

I had my GPS this time and I had my delorme too.  I only thought I did not have my delorme last time.   The weather was nice and sunny, I got it bit warm going up the hill.  The summit was crowded.  I noticed that everyone on the summit was with someone else, but I did see solo hikers on the trail.

My husband loved to hike, but he was too ill.  He did make it up Appleton pass one time though, and he tried to climb Mount Ellinor Several times.

4 miles 1,100 feet elevation gain.







Couples were posing for photos here, so I posed with my two wedding rings
















No comments: