Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Road Walk before the Gate Opens

Trillium


My last chance this year to get in a hike behind a  gate.  I used to look forward to the gates opening, now I think I look forward to the gates closing.  When the gates are open it just means I have to drive further to get to the start of my hike.

Bleeding hearts



I've hiked this road and drove this road plenty of times and I had never noticed this before.  It really does pay to go about half a mile into the woods, you never know what you might find.

I could not believe my eyes.  It was clearly a car from the 1950's.  Wow!  How come I never saw this before?   I half expected to find a skeleton in this car.  How did this car crash land here?  What happened to the occupants?

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88



I stopped to take pictures, but of course is started raining.  This climate is driving my crazy, literally, no not figuratively literally.  I'm sick of  illiterate people overusing the word literally.

I was hoping to find some Verpas on my hike but no luck.

Violets are yellow too


9.5 miles with 5,000 feet elevation gain

Copyright protected images!





Copyright protected images


No comments: